Channel Old Hollywood glamour with a stay at the historic resort that’s host to the Venice Film Festival.
Hotel Excelsior Venice Lido Resort sits on the small island of Lido, between the Venice Lagoon and the Adriatic Sea.
Number of Rooms & Suites
196 rooms, including eight junior suites and 15 suites
Old Hollywood glamour meets timeless Venetian elegance
What to Know
- Venice may be surrounded by the water of its famed lagoons and canals, but beaches are rare. Because of its singular location on Lido with a wide and long expanse of white beach and cabanas looking out at the serene Adriatic, Hotel Excelsior is the only resort that can boast a location “on the beach in Venice.”
- While the resort does offer a daily shuttle to and from central Venice, it’s a passenger-only shuttle that can’t be used to transport luggage. Guests should contact the hotel to arrange for public or private transfers to and from the train station and airports in advance.
Architecture and Decór
Originally constructed in 1908 in grand Moorish style, today’s iteration of the resort stays true to those glamorous original designs with interiors featuring arched doorways, wooden latticework screens, and fabric-lined walls. Outside, guests can enjoy peaceful courtyards, lush gardens, and tranquil fountains.
- Iconic destination on Lido beach
- Singular history as the host of the Venice Film Festival
- Complimentary water taxi service
Not only does The Excelsior boast some of the most beautiful guest rooms in all of Venice, but they’re among the largest too. The spacious rooms are thoughtfully outfitted with coffee makers, safes, and minibars. Bathrooms are grand and oversized.
The resort offers guests two dining options, and two bars:
- Adriatico Terrace: refined seafood-centric dinner overlooking the sea
- Elimar Beach Bar and Restaurant: beachside classic Italian and international dishes for breakfast and lunch
- Blue Bar: classic cocktails and live music in an iconic and elegant space inspired by the Venice Film Festival
- Pool Bar: all-day drinks and casual bites
Who It’s Best For
- Couples, including honeymooners
- Solo travelers
- Groups of friends or family, who can request interconnecting rooms
- Business travelers
Notable Services & Amenities
- Beach access and cabanas
- Complimentary water shuttle to St Mark’s Square available all day
- Outstanding, destination-worthy restaurant and bar options
- Room service
- Fitness area
- Laundry service
- Dedicated Kids’ Club and babysitting service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- In-room minibar and safe
- Located right on the beach
- Upscale clothing and lifestyle boutiques located within the resort
- Complimentary water shuttle service available all day, which delivers guests to St Mark’s Square in about 20 minutes
For more information or to book a stay, visit Hotel Excelsior Venice Lido Resort.