Red Bull has been on the backfoot throughout the Singapore Grand Prix weekend, and come qualifying, both Sergio Pérez and Max Verstappen were knocked out in Q2. Here’s what you need to know:
- Verstappen, who qualified P11, is under investigation for two different alleged impeding incidents. If it is deemed a breach, the penalty for one incident is a three-place grid drop.
- Liam Lawson is the only Red Bull driver left in Q3 with AlphaTauri teammate Yuki Tsunoda qualifying P15.
- Red Bull Racing has been undefeated this season, but this — along with Verstappen’s win streak that dates back to Miami in May — put that in jeopardy.
- Q1 ended with a red flag when Lance Stroll crashed heavily into the last corner, a McLaren car narrowly missing the Aston Martin as it bounced back onto the circuit. Stroll radioed that he’s OK, but the car will need massive repairs. The start of Q2 was delayed for 34 minutes as debris and fluid were cleaned off the track and the barriers were repaired.
Provisional qualifying results
11. Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
12. Pierre Gasly (Alpine)
13. Sergio Pérez (Red Bull)
14. Alex Albon (Williams)
15. Yuki Tsunoda (AlphaTauri)
16. Valtteri Bottas (Alfa Romeo)
17. Oscar Piastri (McLaren)
18. Logan Sargeant (Williams)
19. Zhou Guanyu (Alfa Romeo)
20. Lance Stroll (Aston Martin)
This story will be updated.
Follow The Athletic’s live coverage of the Singapore Grand Prix.
(Photo: Mark Thompson / Getty Images)